About ¡Buen Provecho!: A Taste of Columbia Heights
CentroNía is excited to present its second annual ¡Buen Provecho! A Taste of Columbia Heights, a celebration of the amazing food and culture of Columbia Heights. ¡Buen Provecho! will take place on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 from 6:00-9:00pm at participating restaurants along 14th Street, Irving Street, Park Road, and the 11th Street corridor in Columbia Heights.
In its first year, named a “Best Bet” in The Washington Post Going Out Guide, CentroNía sold out the event, bringing 200 young professionals, foodies, and families to 12 neighborhood restaurants and businesses, celebrating the community and tasting their way through Columbia Heights. Through sponsorships and ticket sales, ¡Buen Provecho! raised nearly $20,000 in support of CentroNía’s high-quality, accessible, bilingual early childhood education and wrap-around supportive services for the more than 2,400 children and families it serves each year.
¡Buen Provecho! will once again bring together CentroNía friends and the Columbia Heights community to neighborhood restaurants, showcasing each restaurant’s unique cuisine. Here’s how it works:
- Purchase your all-inclusive ticket and you’re set for a self-guided walking tour to explore the cuisine of Columbia Heights! Tickets are valid for 2 tastes at each participating restaurant.
- Start exploring once you pick up your ¡Buen Provecho! Map & Tasting Guide and swag bag at Tynan Coffee & Tea.
- Want something extra special? Purchase a VIP ticket! The VIP pass grants you access to tastes at exclusive VIP only restaurants and bonus swag bag goodies.
- The ¡Buen Provecho! Map & Tasting Guide with a map of all participating restaurants and the dishes offered will be handed out at check-in to guide you on your restaurant crawl around Columbia Heights. From there, explore, taste, and enjoy at your own leisure!
*Pro-tip: The Map & Tasting Guide will be shared beforehand, so be sure to plan your route and tasting adventure ahead of time!
If you’re interested in learning about sponsorships, advertising opportunities, volunteering, or other ways to get involved, please contact Alice Sadler, CentroNía Development & Events Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participating Restaurants (...more announced soon)
Volunteer at ¡Buen Provecho! A Taste of Columbia Heights
As a volunteer you can support CentroNía’s ¡Buen Provecho! A Taste of Columbia Heights AND even have some time to enjoy the tasty bites restaurants have to offer!
- We need volunteers to help with set-up, registration, and support at restaurants directing guests and stamping Map & Tasting Guides. If you’re interested in participating, learn more and sign-up on VolunteerMatch.
- Are you a skilled photographer or videographer? If you’re looking for a chance to support CentroNía’s mission and build your portfolio, we’d love to have you join us to capture all the special moments at ¡Buen Provecho! You can learn more and sign-up for this volunteer opportunity on VolunteerMatch.